Spraying of Ag1000
® Organic will eliminate odor almost instantly. The rates at which Ag1000® Organic is applied will determine how long the effects will last. If odors haven't been eliminated at first, reapply at a greater rate and/or more often to establish beneficial microbial populations.
Dairy Cattle Foot Baths:
Apply 1 ounce Ag1000
® Organic per gallon of water in foot bath. Do not use copper sulfate as this will kill the beneficial microbes in Ag1000® Organic.
Methods for Barns, Sheds, Loafing Area Odor Control:
- Spray Ag1000® Organic on all surfaces (floors, walls, and ceiling). The bedding area and all manure should be sprayed.
- Applications should be done at least 3 times per week. For a guideline, apply about 1 quart of Ag1000® Organic diluted with 50 parts water per square yard of the barn.
- If misting/fogging systems are in place, inject Ag1000® Organic at a rate of 1:1000 on a continuous basis.
Methods for Milking Parlor:
- Application rates will be to
maintain beneficial microbial balance (1:1000) and should be done with
every wash down.
- The effluent will be pretreated
Ag1000® Organic, preventing odor production and
assist in waste treatment and manure odor control.
Inoculate fresh manure with 2 gallons Ag1000® Organic per ton of manure.
Follow standard composting methods of turning and heat, turning roughly 18-20 times with a turner (not a bucket loader) over the course of 40-45 days.
Compost will be mature and stable, ready for planting at 45 days, no curing is needed.
Spread compost on fields at rate of 5 tons per acre or sell as compost.
Methods for Applications on Pasture:
- Apply Ag1000® Organic by spraying at a rate of 5 gallons per acre per application 4-5 times a year.
- Areas that have high humidity only need to apply 4 times per
year as the microbes tend to do well in that type of
environment. Areas of low humidity should apply at 5 times per year.
Periodically wash the animals with a solution of Ag1000® Organic at one ounce per gallon of water (1:128). This is good for the animals' hides and skin.
It will also help loosen any dirt that is stuck to their fur.