For small farms or backyard animals, we recommend purchasing EM-1 and making your own Activated EM-1. For large commercial farms we do offer ready-to-use version in bulk quantities starting in 55-gallon barrels. (Please call for pricing and shipping costs as freight is quoted based on weight and the delivery location).
Spraying of Activated EM-1® will eliminate odor almost instantly. The rates at which Activated EM-1® is applied will determine how long the effects will last. If
odors haven't been eliminated at first, reapply at a greater rate and/or
more often to establish beneficial microbial populations.
Methods for Barns, Sheds, Loafing Area Odor Control:
- Spray Activated EM-1® on all surfaces (floors, walls, and ceiling). The bedding area and all manure should be sprayed.
- Applications should be done at least 3 times per week. For a guideline, apply about 1 quart of Activated EM-1® diluted with 50 parts water per square yard of the barn.
- If misting/fogging systems are in place, inject Activated EM-1® at a rate of 1:1000 on a continuous basis.
Drinking Water and Feed:
- If your facility has a misting/fogging system in place for cooling, Activated EM•1® can be added into the water at a ratio of 1 part AEM•1® per 1,000 gallons of water. For best results, run the solution on a timer that cycles for 10 seconds every hour when the building is open (summer) and 10 seconds every 30 minutes when the building is closed (winter).
- Prior to running the AEM•1®, flush the lines to clean out any gunk as nozzles may plug.
1. Calculate the average daily water consumption per animal and multiply by the number of animals. That will give you total daily water needs.
2. Divide that number by 2,000. That will give you amount of Activated EM-1 you will need to run on a daily basis.
3. Using a dosing or medicator pump, inject the daily amount needed into the main water line so that all animals can drink the treated water.
***Prior to running the Activated EM•1®, flush the lines to clean out any gunk as nozzles may plug.***
1. Calculate the amount of feed needed per day.
2. Incorporate 1 gallon Activated EM•1® and 1 gallon cane molasses per 1,000lbs of feed.
3. Feed the animals.
® Microbial Inoculant is a concentrate that can be used directly from the container or multiplied in volume through a fermentation process we call "activation." Activated EM•1® application rates are the same as EM•1®–there is no difference in efficiency. However, once EM•1® is activated, there is a dramatic reduction in shelf life of the product. (It should be used up within 30-45 days after the drop in pH for optimal microbial activity.)