Probiotic Foods: Natural and Healthy Foods Made With Effective Microorganisms
Fermented foods provide a number of valuable health benefits, not the least of which is introducing beneficial bacteria to the digestive system, improving digestion and strengthening the immune system. If you are interested in introducing more fermented foods into your diet, download our e-book. It is a collection of easy-to-make fermented food recipes using Pro EM-1, EM-X Gold and EM-X Sea Salt. Find the flavors that fit your lifestyle best. There are traditional fermented foods from kim chee (kimchi) to the best mango salsa recipe, we have something for every home and palette. Here is one sample recipe not in the book:
This guide will walk you through making EM Rejuvelac. You will need: a wide mouth jar with lid, soft spring wheat berries (pastry wheat), a nylon mesh or cheese cloth and a strong rubber band, and a 35mm EM® Ceramic Pipe.
This recipe provided courtesy of Shu Chan of the Living Foods Learning Center, Columbus, New Mexico.
- Put soft wheat berries in the wide mouth jar. Cover the jar with nylon mesh, and secure the mesh with rubber band.
- Add filtered water to fill the jar. Allow the wheat berries to soak for 8 hours or more.
- Drain and rinse the berries a few times until the water comes out clear.
- Place the jar at an angle so that water can drain completely and have good ventilation.
- It takes about 24 to 48 hours to sprout, rinse 2 to 3 times daily.
- Rinse and drain the sprout for last time.
- Put 35mm EM® Ceramic Pipe into sprouted wheat berry jar.
- Fill the jar with filtered or spring water (amount of water should be equally with amount of sprouted wheat).
- Cover the jar with lid and let it set for 3 to 4 days. It helps the fermentation process go faster to gently shake the jar 1 to 2 times a day.
- Pour this liquid off into another jar, this is the first batch of EM Rejuvelac.
- Refill the jar with filtered or spring water again, this time requires only 1.5 to 2 days.
- Pour this liquid off into another jar, this is the second batch of EM Rejuvelac.
- Good EM Rejuvelac has a slightly tart, lemon-like flavor.