For small farms or backyard animals, we recommend purchasing EM-1 and making your own Activated EM-1. For large commercial farms we do offer ready-to-use version in bulk quantities starting in 55-gallon barrels. (Please call for pricing and shipping costs as freight is quoted based on weight and the delivery location).
Spraying of Activated EM-1® will eliminate odor almost instantly. The rates at which Activated EM-1® is applied will determine how long the effects will last. If
odors haven't been eliminated at first, reapply at a greater rate and/or
more often to establish beneficial microbial populations.
Methods for Barns, Sheds, Loafing Area Odor Control:
- Spray Activated EM-1® on all surfaces (floors, walls, and ceiling). The bedding area and all manure should be sprayed.
- Applications should be done at least 3 times per week. For a guideline, apply about 1 quart of Activated EM-1® diluted with 50 parts water per square yard of the barn.
- If misting/fogging systems are in place, inject Activated EM-1® at a rate of 1:1000 on a continuous basis.
- If your facility has a misting/fogging system in place for cooling, Activated EM•1® can be added into the water at a ratio of 1 part AEM•1® per 1,000 gallons of water. For best results, run the solution on a timer that cycles for 10 seconds every hour when the building is open (summer) and 10 seconds every 30 minutes when the building is closed (winter).
- Prior to running the AEM•1®, flush the lines to clean out any gunk as nozzles may plug.
® Microbial Inoculant is a concentrate that can be used directly from the container or multiplied in volume through a fermentation process we call "activation." Activated EM•1® application rates are the same as EM•1®–there is no difference in efficiency. However, once EM•1® is activated, there is a dramatic reduction in shelf life of the product. (It should be used up within 30-45 days after the drop in pH for optimal microbial activity.)