Rejuvelac: Fermented Health Drink
Posted by Eric Lancaster on
This guide will walk you through making EM Rejuvelac. You will need: a wide mouth jar with lid, soft spring wheat berries (pastry wheat), a nylon mesh or cheese cloth and a strong rubberband, and a 35mm EM® Ceramic Pipe.
- Put soft wheat berries in the wide mouth jar. Cover the jar with nylon mesh, and secure the mesh with rubber band.
- Add filtered water to fill the jar. Allow the wheat berries to soak for 8 hours or more.
- Drain and rinse the berries a few times until the water comes out clear.
- Place the jar at an angle so that water can drain completely and have good ventilation.
- It takes about 24 to 48 hours to sprout, rinse 2 to 3 times daily.
- Rinse and drain the sprout for last time.
- Put 35mm EM® Ceramic Pipe into sprouted wheat berry jar.
- Fill the jar with filtered or spring water (amount of water should be equally with amount of sprouted wheat).
- Cover the jar with lid and let it set for 3 to 4 days. It helps the fermentation process go faster to gently shake the jar 1 to 2 times a day.
- Pour this liquid off into another jar, this is the first batch of EM Rejuvelac.
- Refill the jar with filtered or spring water again, this time requires only 1.5 to 2 days.
- Pour this liquid off into another jar, this is the second batch of EM Rejuvelac.
- Good EM Rejuvelac has a slightly tart, lemon-like flavor.