20% OFF 3 Days Only
The Essential Bokashi Compost Bin Starter Kit, 4.4 Gallon
Simplify your composting routine with the 4.4 gallon, Bokashi compost bin. Made from 75% post-consumer recycled goods, it includes a draining sieve, presser, dosage container, drain cup, spigot, airtight lid, base, complete instruction manual and 1 lb bag of EM® Premium Bokashi compost starter. You will have everything you need to start composting!
- Turn all food scraps into compost - Easily process virtually any kind of food waste right in your kitchen! Simply scrape food scraps into the compost bin, including small bones, meat and dairy. Then sprinkle a layer of EM® bokashi compost starter over the scraps to start the fermentation process and prevent odors, then close the lid. Repeat after each addition of organic waste.
- Odor free - Forget expensive filters or charcoal filters; our EM® bokashi bran controls odors naturally & quickly. Enjoy a virtually odorless indoor composting experience with no mess or fuss!
- Compost all year round - Don't let winter weather stop you from composting! With our indoor bokashi compost bins you can kickstart the composting process from the comfort of your own home, even when it's freezing outside. No more daily trips to the outdoor composter.
HOW DOES IT WORK
The Bokashi Method is an anerobic (airtight) method of composting. You can compost food scraps, meat, small bones and dairy in just 4 - 6 weeks. Sprinkle a layer of EM Bokashi after each addition of food scraps, then press down using the airtight seal to lock out any air. The EM® Bokashi kickstarts the fermentation process and stops unpleasant odors from developing.
Once the bucket is full, leave for two weeks without opening and then bury the contents straight into the garden soil. After two more weeks the organic waste will have completely decomposed into nutrient rich compost. The unique bucket design catches a nutrient rich liquid fertilizer you can drain every 2-3 days. Dilute with water and use to fertilize your indoor and outdoor plants or pour undiluted down the sink to unblock drains
Essential + Base
- Volume: 4.4 Gallons
- Dimensions: L:3542 x W:282 x H:386.5 mm
- Packaging: 1 Essential + Base ( 1 x lid, 1 x handle, 1 x container, 1 x tap, 1 x draining sieve, 1 x dosage container, 1 x presser, 1 x drainer cup, 1 x base)
Essential Set + Base
- Volume: 4.4 Gallons
- Dimensions: L:3542 x W:282 x H:698 mm
- Packaging: 2 Essentials + Base (2 x lid, 2 x handle, 2 x container, 2 x tap, 2 x draining sieve, 1 x dosage container, 1 x presser, 1 x drainer cup, 1 x base)
- Technical data: Made from post post consumer recycled plastic. (polypropylene) Made in the EU.made in the EU.
- Single bucket includes 1 lb bag of EM Bokashi
- Bucket Set includes 2 lb bag of EM Bokashi
SHIPPING & RETURNS
UPS and USPS can deliver most items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Concession rates: We offer a lower than normal rate on all products.
Expedite delivery rates are calculated at checkout.
At TeraGanix, we take great pride in the quality of our products. Upon receipt of your item, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
Within 30 days, you may return your items for a refund of the merchandise value.