★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I have sprayed my tomatoes for two years in a row with activated EM-1 and they made it into September with no significant blight damage.
- Adam T, Teraganix Customer
Tomato blight can be the bane of even the most experienced gardeners...
So, how do you prevent blight from ruining your tomato plants and stopping the fruit from growing?
Firstly, blight is fungus-like organisms that spread through tomato leaves, particularly during wet weather.. Lack of airflow and wet leaves is the main cause of blight.
To prevent blight, simply spray your tomato plants with EM-1® Microbial Inoculant.
EM-1® contains microbes such as Lactobacillus, which has natural antibiotic properties that fight fungal disease.
When you use EM-1® as a biological foliar spray, it increases the growth of your tomatoes and also helps maintain the health of your plants.
It is a liquid combination of yeasts, actinomycetes and two kinds of bacteria, photosynthetic and lactic, which promote plant health and growth and improves nutrient absorption and soil fertility.
For best results, follow these simple tips:
- Avoid watering the tomato leaves.
- Remove the suckers from the bottom of the stem, these are the older leaves that increase the risk of disease.
- Use stakes to keep the tomato plants off the ground.
- Create good airflow between your tomato plants by not planting to close together.
- Spray your tomatoes weekly with EM-1 to protect the leaves against disease.
- Spray in the evenings.
- During very wet periods, spray your tomatoes 1 - 3 times per week.
Application: Add 1 oz of EM-1 per gallon of water.
EM-1® is safe to use, 100% organic and OMRI listed.