Everyone loves a beautiful bouquet of flowers on their kitchen table or a few throughout the house... But nobody likes the brown, smelly water that develops after a few days!
So, how do you prevent the water going brown and make the flower blooms last longer?
Firstly, the reason the water turns brown, and smelly is the decomposition of the flower stems and leaves in the water of the vase. This causes bacteria to grow in the water and your cut flowers to deteriorate and start to mold. ( go brown and smelly).
To prevent this, simply add 1 tsp of EM-1® Microbial Inoculant per gallon of water to keep the water clean and to help your cut flowers last longer.
EM-1® has natural antibiotic properties that keep the water clean and self-purifying while also providing the flowers with beneficial microorganisms (nutrients) through the water to keep them blooming longer.
For best results, follow these simple tips:
- Make sure your vases and containers are clean.
- Add 1 tsp of EM-1® Microbial Inoculant per gallon of tap water to keep the water clean and to feed your flowers nutrients.
- Make sure that all leaves have been removed from the vase water.
- Reduce the chance for disease by cutting 5-10 cm off the flower stems
- Avoid damaging the flower stems
- Top up with freshwater and EM-1