EM Premium Bokashi Compost Starter
EM® Premium Bokashi is a compost starter made from high-quality bran fermented with EM-1® (Effective Microorganisms®). With a bounty of beneficial microbes, this product is ideal for accelerating composting, promoting soil health and effectively suppressing unpleasant odors, making it the only Bokashi of its kind on the market. Effortlessly enhance your composting journey by adding it to your Bokashi bucket or outdoor compost pile, ushering in a healthier and more enjoyable composting experience.
Our heavy-duty, resealable stand-up pouches are constructed with an oxygen barrier that keeps your Bokashi fresh for up to 12 months. Use EM Premium Bokashi for outdoor composting, Bokashi composting, odor control, potting soils, and as a soil amendment in your garden. EM® Bokashi is proudly made in Rusk, Texas USA
HOW DOES IT WORK
The host of beneficial microbes, including photosynthesizing bacteria, multiple strains of lactic acid bacteria, yeasts and more help break down organic matter in the soil, turning it into food for plants and releasing essential minerals like nitrogen.
In the soil, photosynthetic bacteria. have been shown to increase root growth, and produce sugars that feed other beneficial bacteria. On the leaf surface, they produce phytohormones, protective molecules that increase growth while helping plants defend against environmental stresses, reducing the risk of root rot, temperature stress, pest attack and diseases.
EM-1® was developed by agricultural Professor Dr. Teruo Higa in the 1980's and his research resulted in finding the most Effective Microorganisms® that work together to create the perfect environment for health and productivity.
Add EM® Bokashi to your indoor or outdoor compost bins.
Bokashi Compost bin:
Sprinkle bokashi over each new layer of food scraps added.
Out door compost bin:
Add a cup into the middle of your outdoor compost piles to help kick start or rejuvenate the composting process. Adding EM® Bokashi to the pile will speed up the composting process and improve the quality of compost.
Directly to Garden Soil:
Simply dig in half a cup of EM® Bokashi per cubic foot of soil before planting into your garden or potting containers. The bokashi provides perfect conditions for plant root development. The EM® bokashi microbes are often visible as white mold or hair on the surface of your soil.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
UPS and USPS can deliver most items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Concession rates: We offer a lower than normal rate on all products.
Expedite delivery rates are calculated at checkout.
At TeraGanix, we take great pride in the quality of our products. Upon receipt of your item, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
Within 30 days, you may return your items for a refund of the merchandise value.
How To Use EM Bokashi
Gardening and Compost Directions
Gardening & Compost Directions
- Mixing soil for potting mix: Use at 2% total soil volume.
- Existing plants: Top dress 1/3 Cup per square foot every two to three weeks.
- Mulch: Apply Bokashi on mulch or plant residue at the rate of 1 lbs per 100 square feet.
- Food Waste Fermentation Directions
- Storage Instructions
- What Is The White Fuzzy Fungus ?
Food Waste Fermentation DIrections
- Use our Bokashi Organko Compost Buckets or our food waste recycling buckets.
- Sprinkle a layer of EM Bokashi into the compost bin and then over every layer of fresh food wastes to speed up the fermentation process.
- Unlike traditional composting, Bokashi composting requires only about 10 days to convert organic materials into useable material, and the nutrient value of the material is among the highest of any composting method.
- Keep EM Bokashi sealed.
What Is White Fuzzy Fungus?
- Keep EM Bokashi sealed.
- What Is The White Fuzzy Fungus ?Fuzzy white fungus growing on the soil surface is beneficial. Better known as Mycelium, it is very beneficial to soil and plants. Mycelium is another beneficial organism that helps break down organic matter and aids in moisture retention.